Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Hangover: Funny movie

Yesterday night, AnnuMan and I went to see “The Hangover”. Couple of days back AnnuMan pinged me and said – dude, we got to see this flick. Most of his friends in US had seen it and everyone loved it. I knew about the movie that it is doing well in states and its general buzz was positive in media. So I said, yeah let us watch it on big screen. We planned to see it on Friday (yesterday). The same day Gaurav went to watch the movie with his team and he called me up. His exact words were – dude this is my new favorite movie. Hmm ... another big endorsement ... made me more curious about the film.

I reached home at 8:40PM. In about 5 minutes, AnnuMan came ... parked his car ... I took out my car and we took off. The show was of 9:50PM and the route is usually very traffic heavy. Above all, we did not had tickets booked in advance, so I pedal to the metal and reached at the theater (Naraina PVR) in just 20 minutes. Just as we reached in front of the parking lot, AnnuMan jumped from the car and ran to grab the tickets. I parked the car, and saw AnnuMan checking out the gals there ... I asked did he got the tickets ... he smiled and said ... yeah. Phew ... that was easy. Now that we had all the bases covered and 40 minutes to kill ... we decided to grab some ale and bite. We went to nearby retro-bar and had couple of Kingfishers and Paneer Tikka. Ummm ... yummy.

Ticket StubsWe finished snacking and entered the auditorium just in time. Movie time now !!! The hall was full ... a very young and vibrant crowd. Niceeeee !!! The movie started with Phil (Bradley Cooper) calling Tracy (Sasha Barrese) and telling her that they lost Doug ... and the fun begins. The film revolves around three main characters (groomsmen) who go to Las Vegas to have a bachelor party for their soon-to-be-married friend Doug. 4 immature people in Las Vegas ... a bachelor party gone wrong ... booze ... rape drugs ... and the hilarity follow. The movie was side-splittingly hilarious and everyone in the hall was laughing throughout the length of it.

The movie ended at around 11:30PM. While I was about to took the car out of the parking lot ... I saw some old man was beating the hell out of the parking attendant there. I went near and saw that the car door had a big dent (the parking attendant must have dented it while moving the car for space). The old man was cussing and beating the hell out of that poor attendant.

It was my first movie at theater this year ... and I'm glad that I saw it on big screen. Good movies deserve big screen experiance. Oh what a fun night ... booze ... funny movie ... popcorn and Pepsi (diet affcourse ... ahahahaha) ... a perfect Friday evening.

No comments: