Thursday, July 16, 2009

6 months @ ION

Recently I completed 6 months at this new office (now not so new) and my probation period is over. Not surprisingly, I got good reviews and now I am a “full time” employee. Yippie!!! I had a video conference with my manager (who is in London) ... and today they gave me the letter of probation period completion. Phew !!!

Now is the time to look back and take stock of the situation ... am I happy with the work and stuff ... I would say yeah ... work is boring but its kinda good. The job is safe which is a big deal in recessionary time. The only thing is that the office culture is really boring ... but then you win some and you lose some. The work is one of the most technical thing that I have ever done ... so in that sense I am learning new stuff almost everyday. Do I see myself working for another 6 months here ... I would say that I wont die sticking around. On the other hand ... would I change it if any (good) opportunity comes along ... I would have to say ... why not. LOL. Its all about the Benjamins baby ... in my case its all about Bapu (it’s the face on INR) ... ahahahaha. I would like to travel a bit more than I am doing right now ... and I guess things can happen in this regard ... may be sometime in medium term. The only major pain in the ass is travelling ... but then it’s a constant issue since I live in the city and my kinda work is in the suburban region ... d’uh.