Wednesday, July 8, 2009

RIP Michael

King of Pop

So finally Michael is resting in peace ...

Yesterday’s memorial service was perhaps one of the most emotional events that I ever witnessed ... experienced ... in my life. Still can’t believe that Michael is dead ... yesterday’s service was an apt way to provide closure to millions and millions of his fans ... and most importantly ... the Jackson family.

It’s so heartening to see that MJ still has a massive following ... millions and millions of people mourning in grief ... celebrating his life. His music ... fresher than ever ... still topping the charts ... speak volumes for the man ... simply known as the King of Pop. I would say that Michael was simply the greatest entertainer that ever lived. It would take a super human effort to achieve anything close to what MJ accomplished. I won’t see it happening in my lifetime at least. God must have broken the mould ...

It’s just so sad that the whole world connected with him (again) ... when he died. For the better part of the last decade or so ... people really questioned him and his abilities. For yesterday night ... the whole world seemed to be in awe and grief of his sudden demise. I wish Michael could see this ... this would have really healed his soul.

I still get goose bumps thinking about yesterday’s memorial service ... and I won’t say that I didn’t felt like crying while watching it on TV. I never knew MJ personally ... his loss felt personal. I never thought that I could feel so emotional ... human nature may be.

Rest in peace Michael!

No comments: