Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lunch at Gherkin top

Just came back from lunch at Gherkin top. My London team mates told me about it ... they said it was a great view and you can have lunch as well ... so today after the morning training ... went there with the team. Chris (my team mate) told me that the place is little expensive but the view is nice ... especially the view of river Thames and the bridges (London and the famous Tower Bridge). Since it wasn’t raining and weather was somewhat nice, the view was good. He also told me that not everyone is allowed to have food over there because of some membership rules. You gotta be working in Gherkin or need to be a member of some club (forgot the club name) for eating out there. They don’t even allow general public to come up and see the view. If you are a member of Gherkin building then you can bring 5 other people. Me being a curious traveler ... decided not to miss this exclusive thingy ... cause you never know when you be able to get back again ... if ever.
 
Since I’m a vegetarian, there wasn’t much to eat. I asked the waiter to bring me anything which doesn’t have meat/fish or egg in it. He suggested the side menu and told me that I can have Roaster Potato along with Rocket Parmesan salad. I also ordered the Tiger beer ... must say it was really good. The potatoes were good ... not too sure about the salad though. To my surprise, it did not cost that much ... just £10. Whenever I am out of the country, I find it hard to get nice veggie meal. Sometimes I wish I can eat meat ... but then ... you always tend to find alternative food to survive. So as long as I can find something veggie to eat ... I would stick to it.

No comments: