Friday, May 29, 2009

God: My disbelief

Since yesterday, one question is encircling my mind ... god ... is he for real? When I reached home yesterday, I saw my mom totally glued to the telly and she was watching a mythological soap opera. I asked her to switch the channel to somewhere more useful ... like the CNBC, but she refused. And I asked ... c'mon let me watch CNBC which can actually be of some use. She insisted that let her watch today's episode ... and I gave in. I said OK ... if that serves you good ... then enjoy. My mom was not very amused at my attitude towards god. She told me to have some respect for god. Hmmm ... well I have nothing against god ... because I don't really believe in him/her/it. For a very long time, the concept of god has been a question mark for me. I know I can't prove that god doesn't exist ... but neither can anyone prove its existence. I am one of the minority who doesn't really agree to the idea of a supreme being controlling our lives. I have heard numerous theories on god and its existence ... but I still can't comprehend ... if god exist ... then who made god? If someone created god ... then shouldn't that person be a bigger god? And who made him??? This question have no definite answer. Can't we be open to the theory of co-incidence. May be the universe was created ... just by chance and god has nothing to do with it. I am pretty sure about existence of life beyond planet earth ... and I am pretty sure that they don't worship Jesus/Allah/Ram/Whatever ... so if they don't worship our gods ... then why do we? Do we have different sets of gods for different planets? People say that how can you assume that there is life beyond earth ... and I laugh at them. There are uncountable stars and planets in this universe and to assume that we are the only one is nothing less than stupidity ... I would say downright human arrogance.

Whenever something good happens we praise the lord ... whenever something bad happens ... we pray to the lord. Why??? Why can't we praise/cuss ourselves for our deeds? I am a conspiracy theorist ... I believe that people invented god and mythological literature to keep human beings in check. They presented the concept of heaven and hell so that human beings don't go astray ... be peaceful ... and above all ... god fearing. From childhood ... we are programmed to believe that if we do "good" deeds good things will happen and if we do "bad" things ... the lord will lay his vengeance upon thee. If god is so vengeful ... how is he any better than me? Why do I have to keep on praising him to earn "nirvana". Why do I have to dedicate my life to god to go to heaven ... why can't I live my life the way I want to be ... without the fear of consequences. A god who takes revenge ... who punishes ... is not a god of mine.

With all these ... I still hope that god should exist. If anything ... the concept gives us hope when things are tough ... it gives us something to blame when things don't go our way ... it gives us happiness when things are good. We practically relate everything to god ... so I really hope that he/she/it exist. Else it would be such a shame ... 6 billion people ... 6 billion foolish people.

Peace out !!!

No comments: