Thursday, April 9, 2009

Office bunk

Yesterday I called in “sick” ... even though I obviously wasn’t ... ahahahaha. I didn’t had any other stuff to take care off at home ... I just took the day off cause I wanted to. Yeah ... seems kinda irrational ... specially for an IT guy in India ... but then what the heck ... I never followed any norms ... did I ... ahahahaha.
Quote from Office Space
It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

At home, I lazed around ... played with my niece ... watched TV ... went on to net and surfed ... talked to mom and sis ... very mundane stuff. However, it’s been a while since I did such mundane tasks. Life these days have become very robotic ... I wake up ... go to office ... work ... come home ... sleep. In office also, I don’t have much to do ... if there is work ... good ... if there isn’t then I space out ... because my office don’t have any recreational facility to pass the time. Weekends come and go ... by the time I come to my senses ... they are almost gone.
Quote from Office Space
So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

It feels weird when you just don’t go to office for no apparent reason ... I am not very used to this feeling ... but yesterday it felt really nice. Earlier, I used to go to office even when I was under the weather ... or had some urgent personal work ... I rarely skipped the office. But since I joined this new office, I just stopped caring so much ... ahahahaha.
Quote from Office Space
I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be.

Now that I have tasted the blood of doing absolutely nothing ... I think I will get sick more often now ... ahahahaha.
Quote from Office Space
We don't have a lot of time on this earth! We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements.

No comments: