Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chaws Wedding

Yesterday, DC a.k.a. Chaws a.k.a. Nitin Chawla, got hitched. A week back Chaws, along with AnnuMan (Anshuman), phoned me and asked me to come to the market. I was surprised as it was freaking 11:15 at night. Anyhoo ... I thought that these guys must really be eager to meet me ... ahahahahaha. As expected ... it was not the case. After all the wasups and screw u’s, Chaws suddenly told me that he is engaged and getting married in a weeks time. WOW ... back the truck up ... I mean. What !!! Chaws getting married ... well it was kinda surprising cause he never dropped any hint that he will take the plunge ... anytime soon. I obviously did not believe him at first cause ... hey c’mon its Chaws ... he always kid around ... the joker in the pack kind. How can you trust that guy ... but then he showed me the invitation card. Man !!! this is getting really serious now ... he indeed is getting married. I then looked at the name of the girl ... and no surprises there ... it is Swati (also known as Billi ... which is the shorter version of her "real" name ... Swat Cat ... ahahahaha). Chaws and Swati were seeing each other for a while. I and AnnuMan congratulated him ... by pulling his leg ... off course.

So the day finally arrived ... I talked to AnnuMan, Dudette (Ruchi), and Deepak about the timings ... as in when to crash the wedding. AnnuMan was my ride and he told me that he will pick me up at 9:15 PM. I decided to move a little early from the office so that I can have some time to get ready for the wedding. I moved outta office and boy it took me 2 and half hours to reach home. Since yesterday was a major wedding day, there were plenty of marriages happening and due to which, the traffic scene went for a toss. Anyhoo ... as soon as I reach home, I went straight to my washroom to shave. Suddenly AnnuMan called and told me that he would be little ... all rite by me since I was also running a little late in getting ready. Finally, AnnuMan came at 9:40 and we reached the venue at 10:15. Ruchi, along with Mandy (her hubby), was already inside the venue. After some time, DD (Deepak) along with his wife and kid arrived, followed by Sarda (Gaurav Sarda). He came alone ... and told us that Kanda (Vivek Kanda) might also join us soon. He could not come because of some work. Anyhoo ... we all went straight to Chaws who was blushing like a little kid. He didn't lost his wit though ... ahahahaha. Like when Dudette asked him to show his Mehndi ... she was trying to find Swati's name in it. Chaws told her ... try to find it. Actually the name was hidden somewhere in the Mehndi design ... Ruchi was really eager to solve the name puzzle. Chaws teased her by saying she won't be able to find the name. Ruchi kept at it ... and after a while, Chaws asked her ... are you sure you would be able to find the name? She said ... yeah ... and she said ... here is W ... and here is T. To which Chaws asked her ... are you sure ... she said ... yeah. Then Chaws asked her ... are you sure you are even looking at the correct palm ... ahahahaha. Even under pressure ... Chaws still got it ... ahahaha.

Blushing ChawsChaws n Billi at Varmala
Chaws n MeChaws with Dudette n AnnuManChaws with DD n Family

Soon the Varmala (exchange of garland ... a Hindu wedding custom) happened. It was held atop a raised stage. Billi reached there first with the Garland in her hand ... but Chaws was climbing slowly. Its kinda naughty custom for a groom to keep her bride wiating ... but Billi did not wanted to have any of it. She told Chaws ... Come, itna bhaav kyon khaa rahe ho (Come, why are you riding the high horse ... roughly translated ... ahahahaha). Then he looked down and saw Dudette and AnnuMan smiling ... seeing which, Chaws burst into laughter on the stage ... and he got close to Swati quickly ...and both of them exchanged the Varmala. Billi showed whos da bosss ... Hehehehehe !!!

After that, we had our dinner. It was a buffet and Sarda (true to his build) had 4 grains of Pulao. The amount of rice was so small that even a bird will feel hungry if it ate that pulao. Seeing Sardas plate ... AnnuMan joked ... Abe itna kyun leliya (Oi ... why did you took "so much"). To which DD said ... bhabhi ji ne bola hai ki itna hi khana hai (Sarda's wife instructed him to eat that much only) ... LOL !!! DD on the other hand, had his plate so full that you can literally find every dish of buffet in his plate. Oh ... how I wish I had a picture of both plates ... ahahahaha. But DD being DD ... he said to his wife to get some dish from the buffet ... I asked DD ... bhai kuch reh gaya tha kya (bro ... did you missed something) ... hehehehe.

So after the dinner it was time to give the sagan (wedding gift). We all gathered around and snapped few pics. Since I am older than Chaws, Dudette joked that I should strike an Aashirwad pose (blessing) ... LOL!!! It was 12:30 midnight ... and we then decided to head back home. A great evening. Wish the couple all the best ... Cheers.

No comments: