Saturday, October 4, 2008

Transit Devils

When I was coming back to home in the metro, I suddenly started thinking why I hate traveling in crowded public transportation ... I had my notepad with me and I started to jot down few of nuisances which really peeves me ... some of them are as follows:
  • Stinker – I don’t know about you guys, but have you commuted in a crowded bus or metro lately… gawdddddddd ... people stinks (no pun intended ... they really do). We live in a tropical country ... sweating is our birthright ... but scientists have made few “tools” just to oppress this right… things like perfumes and deodorants. These products are there for a reason ... they are not mere good looking bottles on shelves ... we need to use them more often and as often.
  • Scratch off – This one is really unnerving for most civilized societies. How many times you’ve seen a person just “touching” himself/herself in an inappropriate manner ... No no no ... don’t let loose your voyeuristic sailboats ... I’m talking about people scrathing and digging the unmentionables. Sometimes, some places where no human being should go ... you get my drift ... the less said the better.
  • Hair raising – Most of us Indians are blessed with “forests” all over our bodies ... its in our genes ... we can’t run away from it. But, we can at least curb their growth. Remember ... “your” forest is not a part of fight against global warming. Girls ... I'm talking to you only. Cut them !! Keep your hands and legs clean ... at least
  • Grunge - C’mon this ain’t 1992. The grunge look is not cool. People, at least try to wear clean clothes ... even if they are not in-sync with the latest fad. Being untidy is not a look ... it simply shows how clumsy you are ... and nop it doesn’t look good – not on most Indian men and women.
  • Couture – This one is mainly aimed at Delhi babes. I know you are the best looking girls in India but c’mon do you have anything in your wardrobe except for jeans and tees? And Delhi dudes…. What’s up with those bathroom slippers ... do you need to take a leak all the time or what ... why those freaking chappals all the freaking time?
  • Vocal – This is like a nightmare. How many times you have seen a person talking on his cell phone like he is in the war and he can’t hear the conversation because of bombs exploding in the background. If not this, then playing the radio as if the railcar is one’s bedroom
Don’t even think that I was being politically correct ... Yeah ... I’m talking to you dames ... you also are in the same boat.

Anyhooo, got the remote fixed yesterday ... the world started to make sense again ... LOL

1 comment:

Ankur said...

Body odor and loud phone talks are something which irritate me a lot,,can almost ignore all the others.....