Friday, February 13, 2009

Travel Blues

This week I tried lots of travelling options from Noida to Delhi. Coming to Noida in the morning is not an issue as I take a chartered bus from Pitampura to Noida Sector 62. The bus leaves from Powerhouse (my bus stop) at around 7:40 AM and it reaches Noida Sector 62 at around 9:15. So it’s kinda OK to travel in it. Getting a seat is little difficult but still this is the best public transport option to reach office at time. However, the evenings are bit tricky. There are two chartered buses which ply from near my office, but the timings are not great. One leaves at 5:15 PM and the other leaves at 6:45 PM. Both of them are not suiting me well as the first one is too early for me and the second one is too late. So I’ve been trying out different modes of transportation throughout this week. I tried taking buses from sector 62 and sector 12. Yesterday I even tried the Sector 62-Anand Vihar-Dilshad Garden route via autos and then took the Metro to Pitampura. After trying all of them, I found out that all takes the same amount of time to reach home. And since all of them are not direct ways of travelling, they are really tiresome for me. So I think I have to stick to the 6:45 chartered bus for the time being unless I find a better alternative.

Wasting nearly 5 hours in travelling to/fro office is not the best way to spend the day, but what can I do? I gotta earn the living so I guess I have to bear with it. Sometimes I feel that I should start doing the carpool, but then it also has its own problem. The worst being – I have to wait for everyone to get in the car. If I try coming on my own car – alone – then that would cost me dearly. Aah !!! why am I not filthy rich ... why do I have to work hard for every thing.

No comments: