Monday, February 9, 2009

I miss can't haves

After coming back from London, I have been bingeing a lot. This makes me wonder ... why? Before going to London, I was on a controlled diet to make myself healthy. But after coming back, I have been eating like I never ate before. The only rationale that I can think of is that I didn’t had the option of eating home made food in London. This might sounds little weird, but it is the truth. My mind plays such games – when I stay at home, I don’t eat food like daal-chawal (pulses-rice), rotis (Indian bread), etc. I prefer to eat salads and fruits to keep my weight in check. But when I came back, I just ate and ate over the weekend. The thing is – I started missing solid food when I did not had a choice ... weird isn’t it. Similarly, when I stay at home, many a times I don’t interact with family ... probably I take them for granted ... my bad. But when I was there I missed my family ... dearly. Again, the rational remains the same. I feel the worth of things only when they are not near to me or when I know that I can’t have it. I feel restless ... it drives me crazy.

Is it human nature to miss things when they are not near or is it just me?

No comments: