Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In the year 2009

We are at the brink of another new year ... a year which holds so many promises ... so many potentials. Like each new year, this year too I’ve set few small goals ... few milestones which I want to achieve. You may term them as new year resolutions ... every year I set few aims that I try to achieve. I am not a planner ... but as I am growing older, I’ve mellowed down a bit. Gone are the days of restlessness (or recklessness) ... I’ve started to appreciate a bit of order in life. Anyways, I still don’t have a long term future plan – personally or professionally. To tell you the truth, I’ve absolutely no idea what I’ll be doing in next 5 years or what I want to do with the rest of my life. I’m still looking for life answers ... but heck ... I’ll take it whatever comes my way. Life hasn’t been an ally ... it always teases me ... putting me in precarious positions ... and I am left to fight all the demons. People say that it feels good to come out of predicaments ... trust me ... I’m getting pretty sick and tired of it. I am tired of feeling insecure ... tired of all the worries ... tired of all things that makes me lose my sleep. I never plan ... because they never come good ... never. Instead, I make small (most of the time ... meaningless) goals ... and feel happy if some of them (or any) comes true. So here I go ... these are few of the things that I wish I achieve this year

Specific
  • Get at least 1 professional certification
  • Buy a nice digital music system
  • Watch at least 4 movies in theater ... even if I have to watch alone
  • Buy 2 decent pair of shoes
  • Must break the 80 kg barrier ... even if it lasts a day

General
  • Put a simple financial plan in place ... start saving money ... earn extra cash
  • Be more accommodating ... try to be polite and try to listen to others (just try)
  • Curb loosing control ... temper down anger ... especially at home
  • Must do at least 1 nice thing for family
  • Must take a week long break ... to a place far far away
  • Do one really wild thing ... anything out of the ordinary
  • Dedicate regular time for self upgrade ... learn new things which might be useful in career
  • Start exercising regularly
  • Learn cooking (or at least try)... even if it’s a simple dish
  • Try not to be critical of all things Bollywood (just try)
  • Cut down on television and internet surfing
  • Stop cussing while driving ... drive like a girl or an oldie ... calmly
  • Start seeing someone ... or worse ... get married
Will evaluate on the eve of 2010 ... hopefully I’ll achieve all of them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ... Cheers !!!

No comments: