Tuesday, September 30, 2008

At Blues

Ohh, what a night !!!

Well yesterday was Sonal’s last day at office. While coming to the office, we (Me, Sonal and Arjun) decided to have a party. So according to our plan we left office at around 6. We landed up at Blues in Connaught Place. Its an amazing place if you like ale and rock-n-roll. The place was jam packed, which was surprising considering the day being Monday. Initially, we had to content with chairs at the bar because there was not a single seating space. Luckily we got excellent seats (just in front of the live band) even before finishing our first pitcher.

The Band @ BluesSoon the live band (comprising of 2 hot chicks and a bald dude) came and started playing good rock-n-roll. However, when they started to take requests, it became very predictable. People started to request songs like Complicated (by Avril Lavigne) and (worse) Dancing Queen (by Abba). And I was like – C’mon !!!. Anyhoo ... that’s typical of Delhi’s crowd. When will they get out of the Top 40 syndrome?. Thank god, the band didn’t play any Bhangra or Bollywood crap. That would have been a total spoiler.

We 3 had a great time and towards the end Sonal kinda got Lovely Lovely (our slang for soaked). Arjun didn’t drank because he was following some religious thing (fast !!). Thank God ... he became the designated driver by default. We got in the car and pretty soon, I was also kinda Lovely Lovely. However, I was sober enough to walk to my room where I almost fall on my face. I slept like a baby after such a long time.

Today, when I woke up – man, my head was exploding. Had to take the day off because of the headache – good excuse to chill ... ahahahaha

Cheers

No comments: